From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject subversion client configuration
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:06:02 GMT
Taking a look at current codebase, I noticed some CR-LF issues in most/
all of the files. Many of the files have inconsistent line endings
(mix of DOS and Unix lineendings). Seems to have been an issue with
how the license headers were inserted... (content of the license
headers is another issue, which i'll discuss in another note).

Also, most/all of the file types should have the svn:eol-style
property set to native. This means the svn client will set the
appropriate line-ending characters for your OS, when you check out
files...

I'll work on fixing up the line endings and setting the svn properties
(e.g. svn propset svn:eol-style native foo). You can't do this until
line inconsistencies are fixed... Oh maybe  thought there was a perl
script/shell script that will help set these properties for the files
that have already been committed, but I don't remember where it is...
I'll keep look around some more... Recursive propset (svn propset -R)
sets the property on all files and directories... After fixing the
line ending inconsistencies, I'm using

To avoid the problem in the future we should all configure subversion
to set svn properties when new files are created. See the "Configuring
the Subversion Client" section in http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html
. A number of projects define their own svn properties (e.g. http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html

  or http://ode.apache.org/source-code.html). I'd suggest you start
out using http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt