From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Web site
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:31:29 GMT
Hi Neeraj,

On Jan 4, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi Craig,
> OK I understand. So I will just update the downloads page to say "
> coming
> soon"?

Yes. Just to be sure this concept is clear, while in the incubator
and prior to an official release of code from the incubator, the only
way to get Imperius will be by accessing the sources in subversion.
If someone wants to practice building a release and putting it into
their home directory on people, that's ok. It just isn't an official
download that we would point to from the official podling web site.

For example, if you want to start organizing a release, you can
create a directory in your home directory by logging into
people.apache.org and creating the directory public_html and creating
a directory dist into which you can put stuff like apache-
imperius-0.1-incubating/rc1 which would contain what will eventually
be put into dist/incubator/imperius/apache-imperius-0.1-incubating.

And can you see if you can update the live incubator/imperius site? I
put instructions into the /www/incubator.apache.org/imperius page.
I'd like to see if the instructions are reliable and whether others
in the group have the right permissions.

> Regarding ANTLR I have removed the generated files from SVN and
> updated
> the build to generate them

Great.

Craig

> Thanks
> Neeraj
> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>
> Neeraj Joshi
> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
> Tivoli, IBM

> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> 01/04/2008 02:08 AM
> Please respond to
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Web site
>

> Hi Neeraj,
>
> On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:
>
>> Hey Craig,
>> Thanks for publishing the site!
>>  I had a question about  the binaries. What is the correct
>> location to
>> store them?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.
>
>> Do I just put it somewhere under a new folder inside
>> /www/incubator/apache.org/imperius ?
>
> If you're talking about downloads, that's a whole separate
> discussion. Until the project is close to having releasable code,
> folks can build from sources they check out.
>
> Craig
>
>> Thanks!
>> Neeraj
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>>
>> Neeraj Joshi
>> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
>> Tivoli, IBM
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
>> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
>> 01/03/2008 01:02 AM
>> Please respond to
>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> Web site
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've added imperius to the incubator web site. You can access it at
>> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/
>>
>> This is the "usual way" to implement a web site at Apache. What I did
>> was to log into people.apache.org, cd to /www/incubator.apache.org,
>> and svn co imperius/site/build/site/en imperius.
>>
>> So all of the files in imperius are checked out copies of the files
>> in build/site/en. To update the site, just do svn up after checking
>> in any changes. Please see directions in /www/incubator.apache.org/
>> imperius README.
>>
>> Check it out.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig Russell