From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r611261 [2/43] - in /incubator/imperius/trunk: ./ imperius-javaspl/ imperius-javaspl/src/main/java/org/apache/imperius/javaspl/ imperius-splcore/ imperius-splcore/src/main/antlr/org/apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/ imperius-splcore/src/...
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:21:12 GMT

On Jan 12, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
>
> It's too late for this exercise, but I discovered by accident that
> "all you need to do" to fix line endings is to set the svn:eol-style
> property, and svn automatically converts the file to consistent line
> endings.

This might have been the right thing to do (or as good as what I did).

svn --force propset svn:eol-style native --targets ~/imperius/files.txt

--force was required because of the inconsistent line endings. I ran
this locally. However, svn diff was then showing every line of every
file as being altered.

When I fixed the line endings and set the property, svn diff showed
only the property changes and no content changes. E.g.:

Property changes on: NOTICE.txt
Name: svn:eol-style
    + native

For unknown (unfathomable?) reasons, the commits turned out to be a
different matter (apologies for all the noise). So, in the end, either
approach might have been equivalent...

Might have worked better if I had used the url form of files and made
the updates on the server (rather than propset and then commit). E.g.:

svn --force propset svn:eol-style native --message "fix eol-style" https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/imperius/trunk/NOTICE.txt

--kevan