From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:35:27 GMT

On Jan 11, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi All,
> We are finding it non-trivial to port the ANT build to MAVEN for the
> eclipse feature/plugin portion (eclipse based editor).
> I am thinking of checking in the code as is (with the ANT build). I
> hope
> someone could help out to port the build to Maven.
> Please let me know if you have concerns with this, if not I'll go
> ahead
> and start committing code this weekend.

Neeraj,
That's a perfectly reasonable approach, IMO.

FYI the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin is built using maven -- well, IIUC,
the maven build simply kicks off an ant task. I'd suggest the same
approach, here... But, there's no reason that it all has to happen at
once... Much better to get things into a buildable state and let the
get others involved...

See http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html#DevelopmentTools-GEP
and build.xml and pom.xml in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/eclipse/

--kevan