From Filip at Apache <fha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test cases
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:45:17 GMT
Neeraj Joshi wrote:
> Hi Erik,
> So the sample policies were designed as test cases to test the major
> features of SPL.
> That was one of the reasons why they were part of the JavaSPL module
> initially (shipping them as samples was an after thought).
>  We have a couple of 'ComputerSystem' related polices those are more like
> samples (and there are no junit tests associated with them)
>
> I agree that pure unit tests that don't require visual inspection would be
> ideal but IMO its a non-trivial task. If you like we can setup conference
> calls to discuss this in more detail?

you don't wanna do that, not good for the community. even IRC is
questionable, but more acceptable as you can post the log here.
the thing with both calls and IRC, you can't make any decisions (none
that are valid), so what ever you discuss, you need to bring back here,
if there needs to be a decision made
try to do as much as you can over the mailing lists

Filip