incubator-imperius-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Filip at Apache <fha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in /incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler: SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:09:19 GMT
yes, don't let the subversion repository reflect the development 
environment, not everyone uses eclipse either, instead, we can document 
the steps to get the system up and running

filip

Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Neeraj,
>
> On Jan 3, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,
>> There is an ANTLR eclipse plugin ( http://antlreclipse.sourceforge.net/)
>> that can be used, Just that its one more step to get the development
>> environment setup...
>> If you feel thats acceptable then I'll go ahead and remove the antlr
>> generated files...
>
> I don't know the details of this plugin. But if it allows a developer 
> to run some steps in Eclipse to generate the required files (and avoid 
> checking them in) then I'd say that's a good thing.
>
> Craig
>
>> Let me know
>> Thanks
>> Neeraj
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>>
>> Neeraj Joshi
>> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
>> Tivoli, IBM
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>
>>
>> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
>> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
>> 01/03/2008 10:02 PM
>> Please respond to
>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>
>>
>> To
>> Apache JDO project <jdo-dev@db.apache.org>
>> cc
>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject
>> Fwd: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in
>> /incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler:

>>
>> SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any ideas on how to make it easy for Eclipse users to use antlr to
>> generate code that is then used to compile other modules?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Neeraj Joshi <jneeraj@us.ibm.com>
>>> Date: January 3, 2008 4:25:48 PM PST
>>> To: imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in /incubator/imperius/
>>> trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/imperius/spl/parser/
>>> compiler: SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap
>>> SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>>> Reply-To: imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>>
>>> Hi Craig,
>>> I agree that its not ideal to checkin generated code. The reason I am
>>> doing this is to make life easy for people who import the code into
>>> eclipse (or any other IDE)
>>> ( as  these files are required for the code to compile)
>>> Any ideas to get around this?
>>> Neeraj
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>>>
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>>>
>>> Neeraj Joshi
>>> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
>>> Tivoli, IBM
>>>
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
>>> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
>>> 01/03/2008 07:19 PM
>>> Please respond to
>>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>> To
>>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>> cc
>>>
>>> Subject
>>> Re: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in
>>> /incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/
>>> imperius/spl/parser/compiler:
>>> SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi Neeraj,
>>>
>>> Generally, generated files should not be checked into svn. They
>>> should only appear in the target directory when you build.
>>>
>>> Maybe I'm not clear on why you need these checked in...
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>
>>> On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:42 AM, jneeraj@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>>> Author: jneeraj
>>>> Date: Thu Jan  3 11:42:07 2008
>>>> New Revision: 608608
>>>>
>>>> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=608608&view=rev
>>>> Log:
>>>> ANTLR generated files
>>>>
>>>> Added:
>>>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/
>>>> apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/SPLTreeParser.java
>>>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/
>>>> apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/SPLTreeParser.smap
>>>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/
>>>> apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>>>>
>>>
>>> Craig Russell
>>> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>
>>
>
> Craig Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>


Mime
View raw message