From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Usage of InstanceInfo in Decision blocks does not work
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:57:13 GMT

I have this code:

Import Class org.eclipse.hyades.logging.events.cbe.CommonBaseEvent:event;
Policy
{
Decision
{
RaiseAlarm(event,"alarmname",...)
}

When the Policy is evaluated, the RaiseAlarm action is created with a
[null,"alarmname",...].

An initial analysis demonstrates that Import variables (event) are not
considered by the PrimaryExpression, so it throws
an SPLException and when the compilation/evaluation of the Decision Block
occurs, the expression is actually null.

To change this situation, I've changed the PrimaryExpression.validate and
PrimaryExpression.evaluate methods.

In the changed PrimaryExpression validate and evaluate method, I first check for
an existing symbol, via symbolExists
and if it does, work with it, otherwise try getInstance, and if none of these
exists throw symbol does not exist

Please comment, and I provide a patch if desired