From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject misc questions
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:23:20 GMT

Hi,

I've trying Imperius and so far very good. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to import an array type in the SPL file?

e.g.

Import Class org.eclipse.hyades.logging.events.cbe.CommonBaseEvent[]:events;

I've tried the above, but does not work. Is there any alternative?

2) I've created a JIRA issue regarding OSGi bundles. Is this on the roadmap? I
plan to provide a patch

3) A detail on the Java SPL implementation: IMO an end user interface should be
defined together with a factory class that will be implemented by
Java_SPLPolicyRuleProvider.

e.g.

interface ImperiusFactory {
SPLPolicyRuleProvider newInstance(Map props);
}

4) If a symbol does not exist in the SPL namespace, but is passed as argument to
the evaluatePolicy it leads to an error... Couldn't this be relaxed? I want to
have a simple piece of java code that will create generic arguments passed as
argument to any policy, and some policies will not use all arguments.

5) Do you plan to commit the Eclipse SPL Editor Plugin?

Thanks

Erik Bengtson