incubator-imperius-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r606479 [1/30] - in /incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk: ./ modules/ modules/imperius-javaspl/ modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/ modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/samples/ modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/samples/computersystem/ modules/im...
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:05:28 GMT
Hi Neeraj,

Good progress toward getting the repo set up!

On Dec 22, 2007, at 2:31 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi Craig,
> By sources for the site do you mean the xmls I use to generate the  
> site
> via forest?

Yes, the sources to the site should be checked in, along with  
instructions on how to generate the site.

In the imperius/site directory you might have a README.txt that  
explains what you need to do to generate the site. There should be a  
site-author and a site-publish or some other way to distinguish  
between the sources and the generated site.

Once the site is generated, it needs to be published to the incubator/ 
imperius web site. The instructions for doing this part also need to  
be part of the README. For example, once you have the site checked  
into svn, you go to the incubator/imperius site and check out the  
incubator/imperius/site directory and it will be published to the web.

You can see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/ 
README.txt for an example of a README for the incubator site.

Craig

> Allright I will checkin those too under imperius/site
> Thanks
> Neeraj
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "'In the end, everything is fine. If it is not, it is not the end"
> Neeraj Joshi
> Autonomic Policy Development
> Autonomic Computing Division, Tivoli, IBM
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>
> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> 12/22/2007 04:54 PM
>
> To
> Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
> cc
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org, imperius- 
> commits@incubator.apache.org
> Subject
> Re: svn commit: r606479 [1/30] - in /incubator/imperius/trunk/ 
> trunk: ./
> modules/ modules/imperius-javaspl/ modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/
> modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/samples/
> modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/samples/computersystem/ modules/ 
> im...
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Neeraj,
>
> On Dec 22, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:
>
>
> Hey Craig,
> Ugh didn't realize trunk was getting created twice!
>
> Regarding the website the build packages it along with the  
> distribution
> when you do a build. For that I assume it has been checked out under
> trunk/site.
>
> Two things.
>
> 1. Where are the sources for the site? These need to be part of the
> project.
>
> 2. The site should be built independent of building the  
> distribution, so
> it should be separate from the trunk. Every time we branch the  
> trunk, you
> don't want the site to be branched.
>
> Do you think its a bad idea to do that?
> Whats the best way to correct the trunk folder under trunk folder  
> issue?
>
> I think you just need to
> cd imperius
> svn mv trunk extra
> svn mv extra/trunk trunk
> svn rm extra
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig
>
> Thanks
> Neeraj
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "'In the end, everything is fine. If it is not, it is not the end"
> Neeraj Joshi
> Autonomic Policy Development
> Autonomic Computing Division, Tivoli, IBM
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> 12/22/2007 04:14 PM
>
> Please respond to
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
>
>
> To
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
> cc
> imperius-commits@incubator.apache.org
> Subject
> Re: svn commit: r606479 [1/30] - in /incubator/imperius/trunk/ 
> trunk: ./
> modules/ modules/imperius-javaspl/ modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/
> modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/samples/
> modules/imperius-javaspl/resources/samples/computersystem/ modules/ 
> im...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Neeraj,
>
> These should probably not go into trunk, since we will presumably use
> site for all of the releases that imperius does, and not include site
> in the distribution. How about moving them into incubator/imperius/
> site for now?
>
> Craig
>
> On Dec 22, 2007, at 11:34 AM, jneeraj@apache.org wrote:
>
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/broken-links.xml
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/community/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/community/bugs.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/community/contribute.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/community/mail-lists.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/docs/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/docs/docs.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/docs/getting_started.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/download/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/download/download.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/apache-incubator-
>> logo.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/built-with-forrest-
>> button.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/
>> instruction_arrow.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/
>> javasplrunsamples.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/project-logo.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/images/
>> simplepolicyrun.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/index.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/license.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/linkmap.html
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/locationmap.xml
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/CommonMessages_de.xml
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/CommonMessages_en_US.xml
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/CommonMessages_es.xml
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/CommonMessages_fr.xml
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/basic.css
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/breadcrumbs-optimized.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/breadcrumbs.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/css/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/fontsize.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/getBlank.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/getMenu.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/README.txt
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/add.jpg   (with
>> props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/built-with-
>> forrest-button.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/chapter.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/
>> chapter_open.gif   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/current.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/error.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/external-
>> link.gif   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/fix.jpg   (with
>> props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/forrest-credit-
>> logo.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/hack.jpg
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/
>> header_white_line.gif   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/info.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/
>> instruction_arrow.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/label.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/page.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/pdfdoc.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/poddoc.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/printer.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-b-
>> l-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-b-
>> r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-b-
>> r-5-1header-2tab-selected-3tab-selected.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> l-5-1header-2searchbox-3searchbox.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> l-5-1header-2tab-selected-3tab-selected.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> l-5-1header-2tab-unselected-3tab-unselected.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> r-5-1header-2searchbox-3searchbox.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> r-5-1header-2tab-selected-3tab-selected.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rc-t-
>> r-5-1header-2tab-unselected-3tab-unselected.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/remove.jpg
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/rss.png   (with
>> props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/spacer.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/success.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/txtdoc.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/update.jpg
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/valid-
>> html401.png   (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/vcss.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/warning.png
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/images/xmldoc.gif
>> (with props)
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/menu.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/note.txt
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/print.css
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/profile.css
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/prototype.js
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/screen.css
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/scripts/
>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/trunk/site/skin/translations/
>
> Craig Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>
>
>
> Craig Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>

Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message