incubator-hise-dev mailing list archives

From Akhilesh Singh <akhil...@zinniasystems.com>
Subject Re: HISE deployment
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:12:24 GMT
Hi Rafal,

1) I am not well versed in docbook format. It looks interesting and am
making my hands dirty on it. Hopefully will be able to contribute something
after some time.

2) Yeah it works for me with
<artifactId>jaxws-api</artifactId>
<version>2.1</version>

3) I can work on merging the user security and hopefully it will not take
more than a day or two. Do I need to create a JIRA issue for submitting a
patch for this?
4) If you let me know the language which is currently being displayed, I can
use google translation to create corresponding english messages. I can as
well work on internationalization support using property files for GUI
messages which I think is the way forward.

Regards,
Akhilesh

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Rafal Rusin <rafal.rusin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 21 September 2010 06:53, Akhilesh Singh <akhilesh@zinniasystems.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I  have been following HISE discussions silently for quite some time
> now.
> > Today I built hise from trunk and after spending some time with minor
> > irritants, was able to successfully deploy the code on tomcat. I used
> mysql
> > as backend database.
> >
> >   Here are some feedbacks for the whole experience:
> >
> > 1) Can we create a document for step by step installation process? I will
> be
> > more than happy to volunteer for such a doc.
>
> Yes. Currently we have user guide and developer guide:
> http://incubator.apache.org/hise/user-guide.xhtml#id3790455
> It can be modified by sending patches to this thing:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hise/trunk/hise-docs/src/main/resources/
> (it's docbook style).
>

> > 2) JSR-181 jar issue is understood but do we have any solution for this?
> In
> > worst case, we can create a note in the installation document.
>
> As I sent previous email, I modified version and it worked for me.
> Please try it out, then if it works for you also, I will apply it.
>

> > 3) Hise-web does not initialize the user repository in DB and hence it is
> > not able to authenticate user while Hise-fe simply uses XML config as
> user
> > service. I see two solution to this :
> >
> >       i) Merge user management of hise-fe and hise-web to use same DB.
> >             a) Hise-fe will continue to use spring security out of box
> but
> > will refer to DB and use jdbc user detail service while referred table
> will
> > be hise_entity.
> >
> >      ii)  Create a spring bean which will initialize the user table when
> > system is coming up with demo data.
>
> Yes, hise-fe is kind of new contribution. Currently we are thinking
> about cleaning up architecture a bit.
> In this case merging permissions datastores is the way to go.

Also, I think hise-fe shouldn't communicate over cxf (and ws-security)