incubator-hise-dev mailing list archives

From Akhilesh Singh <akhil...@zinniasystems.com>
Subject Maven build process
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:06:45 GMT
Hi,
   As of now it appears to me that the hise build process is bit fragile. I
have been getting build errors randomly due to test classes not able to find
the classes which are supposed to be autogenerated from wsdl . Problem is
such an error is occuring very randomly. Moreover, doing a mvn clean
followed by mvn install appears to solve the problem.
One possible solution which looks promising is to create a two step process
for build :

1) mvn bootstrap
    Where we generate and package the wsdl-classes and wsdl-client from
WSDL.

2) mvn install
    Do the actual build and install.

Although this is not a major issue, this is proving to be a bit annoying
more than often. Anybody having same experience with this? Any thoughts
feedbacks? If anybody is facing similar issues then I can work on solving
the issue, else believe this is one of those pesky jar hells in my
environment and will live with it :)

Regards,
Akhilesh Singh
Chief Software Architect