incubator-hise-dev mailing list archives

From Akhilesh Singh <akhil...@zinniasystems.com>
Subject HISE deployment
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:53:22 GMT
Hi,
   I  have been following HISE discussions silently for quite some time now.
Today I built hise from trunk and after spending some time with minor
irritants, was able to successfully deploy the code on tomcat. I used mysql
as backend database.

   Here are some feedbacks for the whole experience:

1) Can we create a document for step by step installation process? I will be
more than happy to volunteer for such a doc.

2) JSR-181 jar issue is understood but do we have any solution for this? In
worst case, we can create a note in the installation document.

3) Hise-web does not initialize the user repository in DB and hence it is
not able to authenticate user while Hise-fe simply uses XML config as user
service. I see two solution to this :

       i) Merge user management of hise-fe and hise-web to use same DB.
             a) Hise-fe will continue to use spring security out of box but
will refer to DB and use jdbc user detail service while referred table will
be hise_entity.

      ii)  Create a spring bean which will initialize the user table when
system is coming up with demo data.

4) Can we make the interface in English? I think this will help to increase
the base of users who are just interested in having a peek at such a highly
required standard.

As I am new to HISE, I will prefer some feedbacks from veternas in this
project before I continue to create issues on JIRA and provide
contributions.

Regards,
Akhilesh