From Teh Elliott Cable...@hea.vn>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Retire Heraldy from Incubator
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 04:16:40 GMT
I don't know if my vote counts for anything (it probably shouldn't,
really) but I'd think that RubyForge would be the better place to
base operations, seeing as it's more ruby-centric and more
importantly, ruby-community-specific.

On Jun 8, 2007, at 7:59 PM, Dan Quellhorst wrote:

> Matt,
>
> After speaking to a few in the ruby community RubyForge was
> recommended over Google Code.  The primary reason being that more
> people using Rails or Ruby would see it.
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> -Dan
>
> On 6/8/07, Matt Pelletier <matt@eastmedia.com> wrote:
>> I will be moving the PIP codebase to a Google Code project where it
>> will continue to be supported by me, my company (EastMedia, who built
>> it) and anyone else that wants to participate. I am putting together
>> plans for this now and will post about it when I have it moved over.
>>
>> I've stated before that I would support it, so unless anyone objects
>> to this I'll be doing this in the next week or so.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:50 PM, Teh Elliott Cable wrote:
>>
>> > So what exactly does this mean for the PIP software? Will it just
>> > be moved to somebody's private subversion server or what? Will
>> > development continue? Or is the only RoR OpenID server software
>> > about to go poof.

>> > ---------------------------------------------------------
>> >      elliott cable       _     _      +1.202.370.7968
>> >                         ( \---/ )
>> >     elliottcable.com     ) . . (          e@hea.vn
>> > ___________________,--._(___Y___)_,--.___________________
>> >                    `--'           `--'
>> > THIS MESSAGE (and any attached materials) IS INTENDED ONLY
>> > FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS
>> > ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
>> > CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE
>> > LAW.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the
>> > intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering
>> > the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
>> > notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
>> > of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
>> > received this communication in error, please notify me
>> > immediately by replying to this message and deleting all
>> > traces of it from your computer.  Thank you.
>> > _________________________________________________________

>> Matt Pelletier
>> http://www.eastmedia.com -- EastMedia
>> http://www.informit.com/title/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
>> http://identity.eastmedia.com -- OpenID, Identity 2.0

      elliott cable       _     _      +1.202.370.7968
                         ( \---/ )
     elliottcable.com     ) . . (          e@hea.vn