From elliott cable...@hea.vn>
Subject Re: svn commit: r526301 - /incubator/heraldry/idp/pip/trunk/vendor/plugins/security_extensions/
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:25:35 GMT
Well I haven't played with it much. But as I understand it, it's an
extension of externals, but specifically for vendor dir management.
It allows you to modify the stuff in the plugins to your liking while
still getting updates from the plugin devs.

I quote:
> Piston is a utility that eases vendor branch management. This is
> similar to svn:externals, except you have a local copy of the
> files, which you can modify at will. As long as the changes are
> mergeable, you should have no problems.
>
> Piston has a similar purpose than[sic] svnmerge.py which you can
> find in the contrib/client-side folder of the main Subversion. The
> main difference is that Piston is designed to work with remote
> repositories. You should also investigate if SVK would be a better
> fit for you.
Was just a random thought while browsing my e-mail d-:

      elliott cable       _     _      +1.202.370.7968
                         ( \---/ )
     elliottcable.com     ) . . (          e@hea.vn
___________________,--._(___Y___)_,--.___________________
                    `--'           `--'
THIS MESSAGE (and any attached materials) IS INTENDED ONLY
FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS
ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE
LAW.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the
intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me
immediately by replying to this message and deleting all
traces of it from your computer.  Thank you.