From Matt Pelletier <m...@eastmedia.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r526301 - /incubator/heraldry/idp/pip/trunk/vendor/plugins/security_extensions/
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 05:10:12 GMT
Piston uses svn's property setters/getters (which is what
svn:externals uses) to know which rev of the foreign repository you
currently have. When you want to "piston update" it will find the
latest, pull it down, diff and merge with your local copy.

I've switched to it for most projects where I used to use externals.
In some cases I prefer it because I don't want a Rails app to be
dependent upon changes in its plugins. In most cases I prefer it
because it's just more convenient.

Matt

Matt Pelletier
http://www.eastmedia.com -- EastMedia