From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Moving forward or moving out
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:53:32 GMT
The Incubator PMC has been discussing Heraldry.  We need to make it clear
that there is only one set of rules that will be tolerated here, and those
are ours.  Anyone who is willing to abide by them is enthusiasticaly
welcomed to participate.  But anyone who isn't willing to abide by our basic
rules for open, collaborative, development cannot be permitted to trade on
the ASF's good name.

The Mentors are asked to submit a new Committer list and suggested PPMC
consisting of anyone who is prepared to operating under our rules, and
expresses that interest.  If such a list cannot be produced, we're prepared
to close the project.  But we do hope that there are sufficient people
interested and willing to work on this project in an open and collaborative
manner.

We would like this list by March 19, at which point we will either replace
the commit ACL or remove it.

The revised group will be charged with reviewing the Heraldry charter -- the
remaining scope of the project will need to be reevaluated in light of the
changes -- and resubmitting that plan to the Incubator PMC for review.

	--- Noel