From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject What do do with Heraldy?
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:46:54 GMT
Sorry for those of you whose mailers won't thread this.  I'm not actually
doing a reply, so the headers won't be present.

Ted wrote:
> > David Recordon wrote:
> > That is my understanding, though hope that Paul is willing to withdraw
> > his veto with the understanding that this is the last block commit and
> > issues such as the LGPL license will be resolved.

> the policy changes under discussion in general@incubator.apache.org,
> may make that last block commit unacceptable.

If it would truly be the last of these issues, as David puts forward, I
suppose that it could be treated as part of an initial commit.  When doing
the initial commit, there is no way to have each author post their own
part(s).

We recognize that there have been problems.  As you asked in one of your
messages --
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-heraldry-dev/200702.mbox/
%3c8E2535BB-1845-47ED-818C-1F4B5C7CBDC8@sauria.com%3e -- on the current
thread regarding the OpenID Foundation, isn't the question whether or not
this project is capable of the necessary changes in approach starting right
now, or whether we have to terminate it?

Ted, do you have a concise list of community changes that require immediate
take up?  Something that we can use to evaluate the community's response to
this call to shape up or ship out?  And I do mean immediate take up, since
it seems that there is not a lot of patience left.

	--- Noel