From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: The OpenID Foundation
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 01:34:04 GMT
On Feb 5, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Scott Kveton wrote:

> We're committed and excited about working with Apache on this
> project.  I'm
> fully with David when he says we can build a community around this
> project.
> My concern is that the behavior of Paul does nothing to help enable or
> encourage that community to thrive.  On the contrary, it makes
> possible
> community members want to go somewhere else.

It looks like there won't be any further issues with Paul's behavior.

That said,  I'd have to say that from where I sit, I see no evidence
that you are excited about or committed to working within the Apache
framework for Heraldry.    The discussion of the last two weeks or so
has centered on the lack of evidence of that (excitement or
commitment) on the part of *any* Heraldry committers.

We are now down to me as the only active mentor for Heraldry.   Ben
Laurie, the original mentor has been absent from the list for a very
long time, and now Paul has resigned.  Activity wise, we've returned
to a dearth of development oriented traffic on the heraldry-dev list,
and I have to admit that I am wondering whether we will be able to
recruit 2 more mentors for Heraldry.    At this moment, I am leaning
towards recommending that we terminate incubation of Heraldry.   I"m
going to wait a few more days for people to weigh in before I decide
what I am going to do.

Ted