From "Recordon, David" <drecor...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: What do do with Heraldy?
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:30:20 GMT
I guess 12 days with no replies means we should tell the IPMC we're
stopping incubation.

--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Recordon, David [mailto:drecordon@verisign.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:32 AM
To: heraldry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: What do do with Heraldy?

Thanks Gav.  I'm actually on the road this week (ITU meeting in Geneva)
so haven't been up on my email as I should be.  With that said, I'm
still unsure how to reply.

I don't think it would make sense for us to try to continue development
of the library code if the authors are not going to be participating.
This is especially amplified in terms of not having duplicate effort
since JanRain will be continuing work on their libraries in a different
environment.

As to Gary's message, I'm also unsure that the OpenID Provider code in
Ruby by itself right now is enough to build a community since there is
little activity on the codebase even though it has been deployed a few
times from this SVN.

My vision has always been to have this project as a place where people
from various, even competing, identity projects can come together and
build a community around code.  I'd have a hard time feeling comfortable
continuing with this if JanRain is not going to be participating.

So at this point I'm at a loss...

--David