From "Recordon, David" <drecor...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: The OpenID Foundation
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:26:04 GMT

So I guess it is in the ASF's court to decide what you all want to do.

--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Querna [mailto:pquerna@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 3:13 PM
To: heraldry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: The OpenID Foundation

Recordon, David wrote:
> Paul, no one that I talked to at various ApacheCons could make up
> their mind about what they wanted.  From the start the proposal
> included moving the specs, domains, and everything over to the ASF and

> for months I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone if this was
okay or not.
> No one of us certainly felt empowered to make this decision.

Well, sure, The spec issue was never clear. I personally think we could
house it inside the ASF.

However, I thought the fact that no one in the ASF wants a project that
is just a code dump would of been extremely clear.

ASF projects that are just code dumps die.

It is the community that makes an ASF project successful.

If the community is some place else, take the code there.

-Paul