From "Recordon, David" <drecor...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: The OpenID Foundation
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:07:41 GMT
Paul, no one that I talked to at various ApacheCons could make up their
mind about what they wanted.  From the start the proposal included
moving the specs, domains, and everything over to the ASF and for months
I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone if this was okay or not.
No one of us certainly felt empowered to make this decision.

--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Querna [mailto:pquerna@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 2:54 PM
To: heraldry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: The OpenID Foundation

So, I'll just be blunt. What the hell is going on?

http://openid.net/pipermail/general/2007-February/001550.html
http://kveton.com/blog/2007/02/05/announcing-openid-foundation/

The whole point of an Apache Project is to build the community.

The idea that many of the people behind the Heraldry project are off
building *another* foundation, all of the goals which are outlined in
David's email would be encompassed by a successful Heraldry project.

Heraldry isn't just a place for the code and to put the Apache brand on
it.  This is a place for the community to build and unify.

If the major players only view Heraldry as a place for the code, get the
hell out of incubation. (And the foundation).

-Paul