From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Stop incubation of Heraldry
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 06:49:56 GMT
On Feb 28, 2007, at 7:14 PM, Dan Quellhorst wrote:

> Ted,
>
> Thank you for the clarification of the role incubation plays. I viewed
> Apache incubation like SourceForge where even if a project was
> inactive
> hosting would continue indefinitely.

Ok, well, that's definitely not the case.

> What is the harm in waiting the addition 3 months?

At this point the ASF board has looked at the most recent incubator
report for Heraldry (January's) and said that improvement is
necessary.   There hasn't really been much movement towards
improvement.    So we need to show some improvement, not just wishful
voting that some more people come along to help out.    So bottom
line, that means that whatever committers are left after JanRain is
gone need to say that they want to continue.    So far, you have said
so, and David just corrected me about Verisign's intent.   So if you
guys really want to give it a go, I'd be willing to help with that,
but we really need to see some changes.   By the way, I just pulled
the 3 months out of my hat.   There is nothing magical about that
time period.