From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Stop incubation of Heraldry
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:21:41 GMT
Dan,

I don't know why you are surprised -- we have been talking about this
project being on thin ice since the beginning of this year.   The
community reasons for this have not changed.   Just because OpenID is
now the bees knees does not mean that Apache is going to change its
criteria for project incubation.    Projects don't graduate from the
incubator because they implement a badly needed technology.  They
graduate because they demonstrate that they can operate and
collaborate according to the same basic principles used by all other
Apache projects, and because their IP has been verified to be clean.

Tell me why the next 3 months would be any different from the last 3
months, especially since two of the largest contributors, JanRain and
Verisign have said that they are out?

Ted