From "Krall, Gary" <gkr...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Stop incubation of Heraldry
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:19:55 GMT
Ted:

I am very interested in specifically understanding what IP checks the code in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/heraldry/idp/pip/
is missing.

Thanks,

Gary.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Leung [mailto:twleung@sauria.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:16 PM
To: heraldry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Stop incubation of Heraldry

Whether or not it is a shame is not the issue (and I believe it is a
shame).  The issue is whether the existing Heraldry developer
community is able to continue incubation.  The last 6 months of
history suggest that it is not.

This does not mean there will not be an OpenID project(s) at Apache.
Go look at the web services projects, where we have several
implementations of the same protocol stacks.

The ASF is first and foremost concerned about the health of it's
development communities.   If someone wants to build an Apache
licensed OpenID stack(s), no one will stop them.   But I think that
the historical record clearly shows that the current community is not
healthy, and the silence of the last two weeks or so has just
reinforced that impression.

Also, none of the code that is currently in the Heraldry SVN has even
passed the basic ASF IP checks.  I don't know if JanRain and Verisign
would be interested in helping to clear that IP so that the project
could go on.

Ted