From "Recordon, David" <drecor...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: heads up / hosting buildbot
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:44:07 GMT
Unfortunately, I can't help with reviewing Python code...maybe we could
shoot Simon Willison an email and see if he has some cycles to spare
(for an external set of eyes) since he used the python lib for
http://idproxy.net recently.  I'd be happy to do that if others think it
would be worthwhile.

--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Turner [mailto:kevin@janrain.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:47 PM
To: heraldry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: heads up / hosting buildbot

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 17:46 -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> -1 to any burst of patches like that. No one will review them.

I'm very much looking forward to having more code review, and so I do
appreciate how much this sucks.  That is why I

1) gave the list a heads-up *before* the commit spam, and

2) am making sure this the last time it happens.

but I don't think that spacing out commits over the next month is going
to help matters.  If nothing else, it means nobody will be able to get
any _new_ code checked in to this branch or reviewed for a month, which
I don't think is in anyone's best interests.

But, hey, if it'll get more people involved and more review of the code,
I can organize a few patch bundles to offer for retroactive review over
the next few weeks.  But before I do the extra work for that (after all,
you did just describe it as a "pain in the ass"), I want to make sure I
will actually _have_ reviewers who will take advantage of that.  So,

Can I have a quick show of hands of people who have both available time
and interest to review changes for libraries/python/openid/trunk?

While we're at it, can I have a show of hands for everyone who has an
investment in the _current state_ (i.e. r493420) of
libraries/python/openid/trunk who feels they would be negatively
impacted by the commits I planned on doing today?

Thanks,

 - Kevin