From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: heads up / hosting buildbot
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 02:00:56 GMT
Kevin Turner wrote:
> There are some other things we'll need to update too -- e.g. our
> buildbot is currently triggered by the darcs apply hook.  Can we add
> hooks to SVN, or should we parse commit messages?  Will we be able to
> run the buildmaster on apache.org?

We can most likely run a buildmaster on a solaris zone:
http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

We would get something like heraldry.zones.apache.org, and more or less
have full control over the zone. We could run buildmasters, or some
kinds of demo sites if people want to.

On getting SVN notices; There are a couple options:
  - Parse SVN Commit Emails (And subscribe a special address)
  - Setup an XML-RPC endpoint like what CIA uses (
http://opensource.perlig.de/svnmailer/doc-1.1/#general-cia-rpc-server
and http://cia.navi.cx/doc/ ) (httpd and APR use this for commit notices
on IRC)
  - It is possible to setup another post-commit hook if you buy enough
beer for the infrastructure team.

-Paul