From "James A. Donald" <jam...@echeque.com>
Subject Re: [OpenID] Announcing OpenID Authentication 2.0 - Implementor'sDraft 11
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 03:00:29 GMT
     --
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
 > If you change the browser you might as well really
 > change the browser and use a strong authentication
 > mechanism based on PKI

PK works, as for example SSH.

PKI is not working, and if it was ever going to work, we
would be there now.

The problem with the "I" in PKI is illustrated by the
following story.

http://www.waterken.com/dev/YURL/Analogy/
: :	Alice introduces her son to Libby by telling
: :	Libby that her son is named "Jon". Libby then
: :	looks around for someone who claims to be
: :	named "Jon". Upon finding such a person,
: :	Libby asks the person for their driver's
: :	license, to confirm that the person's name is
: :	indeed "Jon".

This dog won't hunt.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      E6lhfseBssmaNs6VlWy2DatYVq1YBqUWjH8OGcO8
      4BP2/Ikls5eukuRufCN26XeAxCxtybxJ7nArrgUML