From Kevin Turner <ke...@janrain.com>
Subject Re: heads up / hosting buildbot
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 02:46:43 GMT
On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 17:46 -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> -1 to any burst of patches like that. No one will review them.

I'm very much looking forward to having more code review, and so I do
appreciate how much this sucks.  That is why I

1) gave the list a heads-up *before* the commit spam, and

2) am making sure this the last time it happens.

but I don't think that spacing out commits over the next month is going
to help matters.  If nothing else, it means nobody will be able to get
any _new_ code checked in to this branch or reviewed for a month, which
I don't think is in anyone's best interests.

But, hey, if it'll get more people involved and more review of the code,
I can organize a few patch bundles to offer for retroactive review over
the next few weeks.  But before I do the extra work for that (after all,
you did just describe it as a "pain in the ass"), I want to make sure I
will actually _have_ reviewers who will take advantage of that.  So,

Can I have a quick show of hands of people who have both available time
and interest to review changes for libraries/python/openid/trunk?

While we're at it, can I have a show of hands for everyone who has an
investment in the _current state_ (i.e. r493420) of
libraries/python/openid/trunk who feels they would be negatively
impacted by the commits I planned on doing today?

Thanks,

 - Kevin