From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Getting Updated JanRain Code In (WAS: RE: Board response to January Report on Heraldry)
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:28:14 GMT
On Jan 30, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:

> # There is one time during the incubation process when we allow a
> # major drop of code.  That's the initial import of the project.
> # Given the current state of the project, I think you could almost
> # argue that all these block commits be wound up together and regarded
> # as that initial import.  I believe that we can find a way to get the
> # code into svn.
>
> Thanks, Ted.  This is exactly what we needed.

Just to be clear, what I wrote above is my opinion, and this is
something that the whole Heraldry community needs to agree with,
particularly (but not limited to) Paul, who objected to the most
recent commit.   So we need to discuss this a bit more and take a
vote.  But I was pointing out that I think that there is a way
forward from where we are on the svn thing.

Even when that happens, we'll still have some work to do.   We'll
still have the LGPL thing to deal with, and also we still need to go
through and do the IP clearance stuff required by incubation: <http://
incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>

> # What I am still not convinced about is whether or not we are
> # actually going to see any development discussions on this list.
> # David, I've heard you interpreting Kevin/JanRain's actions, but I
> # haven't heard anyone from Janrain - and there are 7 Heraldry
> # committers from JanRain, not just Kevin - explicitly say that they
> # are also moving the development discussions to the heraldry lists.
>
> We are indeed going to move subscribers from
> dev@lists.openidenabled.com to this list this week.

I took a look over at this archives for this list.  I think that this
would be a good start, but I do think that we'll need to have even
more participation/transparency than is happening on this list.
It's not just the quantity of traffic that matters it is also the
substance.   But a good first step towards the kind of environment
that we need to have.

Ted