From "Recordon, David" <drecor...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: Apache release process
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:07:38 GMT
Any thoughts on this Paul or Ted?

Thanks,
--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Recordon, David [mailto:drecordon@verisign.com]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 4:37 PM
To: Jonathan Daugherty; twleung@sauria.com
Cc: heraldry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Apache release process

Lets discuss this on the list.

I found this page, though hopefully Ted/Paul can comment on how up to
date it is.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Seems to me (at a high level):
 - Work is done in the SVN
 - A snapshot is made for the release
 - We all (dev list) test out the release (making sure licenses are
updated, it all works, etc) and vote to release it
 - Vote to release it, referencing our vote, occurs on the
incubator-general list

--David