From "Recordon, David" <drecor...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: mailing list count
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:25:52 GMT
So then lets figure out how to make it more clear. :)

Right now on openid.net it has a "Mailing Lists" link which goes off to
mailman.  I'd be happy to change that to the wiki page
http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/Mailing_lists if we think that would be
more useful.  Can use it to add clarity around each list.

In my view:
 - general@openid.net (Things which don't fall into other openid.net
lists)
 - specs@openid.net (Questions/feedback/proposals/changes to the specs
on OpenID.net)
 - security@openid.net (Security and anti-phishing discussion around the
OpenID protocol(s))
 - user-experience@openid.net (Could most likely be part of general, I
made it since there was an interest in active discussion)
 - marketing@iwantmyopenid.com (Created for the bounty, though is
largely being used to talk about joint marketing efforts for OpenID)
 - dev@openidenabled.com (Dev list for people with questions about using
Yadis/OpenID code from JanRain, IMHO should get moved over to
dev@incubator)
 - users@incubator (Created for every project, not being used right now)
 - dev@incubator (Discussion around everything about the code in the
Heraldry project)
 - private@incubator (Rarely used, only PPMC is subscribed)
 - yadis@danga (defunct)

So I think they are pretty clear with the exception of user-experience
not having a lot of traffic.

Anyone object to changing the link to the wiki page and filling it out
with more information about each list?

--David