From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Error in token parsing phase: Configuration or Library related?
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 00:20:24 GMT
Hi : I posted this once before but it was a little confusing how i worded
it.

To distill my question: Ive found that the SemanticAnalyzer doesnt a token,
but im not sure why (the token appears to be valid according to the case
statement which precedes the SemanticAnalyzer exception throwing clause).

By adding some debugging print statements to the exception, I confirmed
that the token is actually valid.

Any thoughts on this stacktrace? Ive seen similar questions and also
similar hacking of the error message to be more informative here :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HCATALOG-544regarding.

2013-06-05 21:55:12,321 WARN  conf.HiveConf (HiveConf.java:(82)) -
hive-site.xml not found on CLASSPATH
2013-06-05 21:55:14,521 ERROR ql.Driver (SessionState.java:printError(401))
- FAILED: SemanticException Operation not supported. TOK_DR
OPTABLE [@-1,0:0='TOK_DROPTABLE',,0:-1]
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticException: Operation not supported.
TOK_DROPTABLE [@-1,0:0='TOK_DROPTABLE',,0:-1]
    at
org.apache.hcatalog.cli.SemanticAnalysis.HCatSemanticAnalyzer.preAnalyze(HCatSemanticAnalyzer.java:151)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:431)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:337)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:897)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatDriver.run(HCatDriver.java:43)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.processCmd(HCatCli.java:251)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.processLine(HCatCli.java:205)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.processFile(HCatCli.java:224)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.main(HCatCli.java:169)
    at
    at

Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com