From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject HCatalog error involving HIVE and DROPTABLE token
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 02:00:31 GMT
Hi, this is related to my previous email:

I've pasted a stacktrace of a bug which indicates the DROPTABLE is not a
valid token.

I assume this cannot really be the case.  It seems like there is debate
about this JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HCATALOG-544regarding this issue
(cryptic "operation not supported" errors which didnt
print the tokens)... as I had to manually add the line in to debug the
unmatched token.   The error message as it stands is quite cryptic.

2013-06-05 21:55:12,321 WARN  conf.HiveConf (HiveConf.java:<clinit>(82)) -
hive-site.xml not found on CLASSPATH
2013-06-05 21:55:14,521 ERROR ql.Driver (SessionState.java:printError(401))
- FAILED: SemanticException Operation not supported. TOK_DR
OPTABLE [@-1,0:0='TOK_DROPTABLE',<137>,0:-1]
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticException: Operation not supported.
TOK_DROPTABLE [@-1,0:0='TOK_DROPTABLE',<137>,0:-1]
    at
org.apache.hcatalog.cli.SemanticAnalysis.HCatSemanticAnalyzer.preAnalyze(HCatSemanticAnalyzer.java:151)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:431)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:337)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:897)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatDriver.run(HCatDriver.java:43)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.processCmd(HCatCli.java:251)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.processLine(HCatCli.java:205)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.processFile(HCatCli.java:224)
    at org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.main(HCatCli.java:169)
    at
    at

Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com