From Bryan Baugher <bjb...@gmail.com>
Subject Error in map/reduce job using avro data stored in HDFS
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 21:34:38 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am running on CDH4.2.1 (with hcatalog-0.4-CDH4.2.1 and
hive-0.10-CDH4.2.1) with RHEL 6.2.

I am trying to setup a simple example using HCatalog to read avro data
written to HDFS in a map/reduce job.

My create table statement (which I ran in hive) looks like this[1].

The app that does the submission looks roughly like this[2] (I left out a
number of unnecessary parts) and my mapper looks like this[3] (I don't have
a reduce phase).

When I run the job I get this[4] exception.

I know I have data in the table as hive gives me back data when I do
'select count(*) ...' and other queries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[1] - https://gist.github.com/bbaugher/5579728
[2] - https://gist.github.com/bbaugher/5579631
[3] - https://gist.github.com/bbaugher/5579636