From Andrew Mains <andrew.ma...@kontagent.com>
Subject webhcat: running callbacks when one webhcat server goes down.
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 23:58:59 GMT
Hi all,

We are investigating using multiple webhcat servers to provide redundancy
as described in:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201304.mbox/%3CCABc1ogQrEipoK8teFoy2rMHgeEO4v2H_gTh+umxtR57QMiBxwQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

In testing out this approach using the CDH 4.2 distribution of webhcat,
everything seems to work fine except for running callbacks. Specifically,
the callback never gets run if the server to which it was submitted is
killed before the job completes. To determine this I ran the following test:

1. Start up two webhcat instances, server1 and server2.
2. Submit a query to server1 with a callback.
3. Kill server1

The callback was never received in this case.

Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks,

Andrew