From atul aggarwal <atul.aggarw...@gmail.com>
Subject Accesing Views created in Hive using HCatLoader in Pig
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 00:36:40 GMT
Hi,

I am fairly new to HCatlog, and hence I was just trying something in hive
and HcatLoader in Pig. What I did is, created a view in Hive and then tried
to load data by view I created into pig using HcatLoader. But it seems it
is not working. I just wanted to confirm that is there any way to do this?
I am getting following error when I tried to load view in pig using
HcatLoader

events=Load 'ViewName' using org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader(); dump
events;

When I use any tableName instead of View from Hive, it seems to work.
Further it does not give metastore error. As it says successfully connected
to metastore at load statement when it comes to dump, it crashes with the
following error.

Any Pointers will be helpful.

Thanks, Atul

org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable
to open iterator for alias events
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:857)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processDump(GruntParser.java:682)
at org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:303)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:189)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:165)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt.exec(Grunt.java:84)
at org.apache.pig.Main.run(Main.java:555)
Caused by: org.apache.pig.PigException: ERROR 1002: Unable to store alias events
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.storeEx(PigServer.java:956)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.store(PigServer.java:919)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:832)
... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.JobCreationException:
ERROR 2017: Internal error creating job configuration.
at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.JobControlCompiler.getJob(JobControlCompiler.java:731)
at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.JobControlCompiler.compile(JobControlCompiler.java:259)
at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher.launchPig(MapReduceLauncher.java:180)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.launchPlan(PigServer.java:1270)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.executeCompiledLogicalPlan(PigServer.java:1255)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.storeEx(PigServer.java:952)