From Travis Crawford <traviscrawf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HCatalog 0.5.0-incubating (candidate 3)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:35:33 GMT
Hey Alex -

Thanks for asking about testing. The best place to start is our wiki:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HCATALOG/HowToTest

I recommend starting with the section about running all unit tests. If
you're feeling adventurous you might also consider running the e2e
tests. e2e tests require quite a bit of setup through until
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HCATALOG-535 is resolved, likely
in the 0.6 timeframe.

If you have more questions about what to run, why, or what its doing -
just ask! We can use this as an opportunity to update the wiki with
answers to your questions.

--travis