From Travis Crawford <traviscrawf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rookie question
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:42:35 GMT
Hey Prashant -

Not entirely clear how you're trying to invoke pig - do you want to
launch jobs via webhcat, or directly with pig?

You can put HCatalog and its deps on your classpath as was mentioned
earlier, or you can simply register the jars in your pig script
directly:

    register /usr/lib/hive/lib/{hive-exec-*-*,hive-metastore-*-*,libfb303-*}.jar
    register /usr/lib/hcatalog/share/hcatalog/hcatalog-{core,pig-adapter}-*-*.jar

With those register statements you can simply run a pig script that
uses HCatLoader/HCatStorer. I highly recommend the register-based
approach over modifying the pig classpath directly.

--travis