From Travis Crawford <traviscrawf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HCatalog + Hive + Hive-Index
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:39:06 GMT
Hey Rajesh -

HCatalog opens up the hive metastore / rw path to other processing
frameworks, such as MR and Pig. However, it would be up to those other
processing frameworks to make use of indexes. This would definitely be
an awesome feature in the future, for more processing frameworks to
make use of a common indexing system. You're correct this does not
happen at this time though.

--travis