From Travis Crawford <traviscrawf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HCatalog 0.5.0-incubating (candidate 1)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:56:41 GMT
Before simply excluding these files, this is a great opportunity to
understand what these files are and potentially fix.

(a) The .rej file was simply an error and I will remove. I believe it was
produced when applying HCATALOG-605, which has different version numbers in
trunk/release branches.

(b) rcfiles - should these be checked in at all? These seem like files that
should be generated when running tests, not checked into the source tree.
Can someone with more familiarity with the e2e test data clue us into if
generating makes sense?

(c) text data files - we could add the header to these files, and update
whatever reads them to ignore comment lines.

(d) storage handler test includes/excludes - these are still around because
storagehendlers has not been migrated to the new build templates. Unless
there are objections I'd like to remove these files entirely. If we want to
ignore a test in the future it would need to have an @Ignore annotation.

Thoughts?

--travis