From Sushanth Sowmyan <khorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can the .DYN files be deleted?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:03:10 GMT
Hi Timothy,

The _DYN files are supposed to have been deleted by the commitJob at
the end of a HCatOutputFormat dynamic partitioning job output. If you
have leftover files there, it is a result of improper cleanup in the
outputCommitter - possibly due to a bug.

Whether or not you can delete it is up to the users of your signals
table. I'd assert that it should, and the job that populated the data
be rerun, but if you have any users that somehow depend on the
temporary data, say, for eg., tools that look at all files in the
directory, descendants included, then you might have a problem with
their data going amiss.