From Nitay Joffe <nit...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for non-secure Hadoop?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 00:44:50 GMT
Hey guys,

Is there any plans to support non-secure Hadoop (e.g. Facebook's branch of Hadoop based on
0.20). Specifically I am talking about hadoop that contain little to no classes at all under
org.apache.hadoop.security, for example no Credentials class at all.

We need this in order to use HCatalog at Facebook. Months ago we hacked it by ripping out
any mention of security from the code by hand and using a version based off of that, but that
makes it hard to update to latest trunk. I would think this would be a necessity in order
to support Hive since it doesn't have any security stuff also?

Thanks,
- Nitay