From Aniket Mokashi <aniket...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR 1070: Could not resolve org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:02:29 GMT
1. Make sure HCatalog jar is in the class path (named hcatalog*.jar)
2. Make sure your pig is running
with -Dudf.import.list=org.apache.hcatalog.pig. This is how pig finds the
package prefix for HCatLoader

Workaround for 2 is- in your pig script- replace HCatLoader
by org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader.

I assume HDP is doing all that already. So, I suspect something else is
responsible here.

Thanks,
Aniket

--