From Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <avand...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: ERROR 1070: Could not resolve org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:47:04 GMT
Hi Petr,

I am thinking that this issue is related to class path. You need to have the HCatalog, hive
jars in your PIG_CLASSPATH env variable.

>From a previous post in the user list, the following this are required in the class path.

Minimum set-
/share/hcatalog/hcatalog*.jar:
/share/hcatalog/lib/hive-metastore*.jar:
/share/hcatalog/lib/thrift-fb303-*.jar:
/share/hcatalog/lib/libthrift*.jar:
/share/hcatalog/lib/hive-exec-*.jar
+HCatalog configuration (hive-site et al)…

Thanks
Vandana