From Rajesh Balamohan <rajesh.balamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Dynamic Partition in HCatalog 0.4 throws FileAlreadyExists exception
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:36:48 GMT
Hi All,

I have been using HCatalog 0.4.0 with Pig 0.9.3

I invoke a macro which does couple of joins. Finally I store it using
HCatStorer(). The table its storing is partitioned by 2 columns (load_date
and region).

When I run the script, the final M/R job launches 11 mappers are launched.
It starts throwing the following error.

FileAlreadyExistsException: Output directory hdfs://blah
blah/table_name/_DYNO.342343/load_date=20120101 already exists

Is this a known issue?. All 11 mappers are trying to check if the above
path exists and throws the error. Any pointers would be of great help.

--
~Rajesh.B