From Travis Crawford <traviscrawf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pig/hive case sensitivity issue
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:58:13 GMT
I started playing around with making Hive optionally case sensitive
and on the metastore side its pretty straightforward, but the
assumption is baked in at a pretty low level elsewhere in the code.
For now I think we're going to modify the scripts to use lowercase
fields. Maybe we'll revisit in the future but it would be a Whole
Thing.

--travis

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Alan Gates <gates@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Pig has a well established, if seriously confusing, set of rules around case sensitivity,
so I'm not excited to change those rules.