From Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <avand...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Could not set up Hcatalog.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:25:19 GMT
Hi Steven,

The METASTORE_PORT and the portnum ( or server_port)  are the same. If you look at the script
"hcat_server_install.sh", the server_port has a default value of "9933" which
you can override by specifying in the command line. Also, the script does uses the same value
for METASTORE_PORT variable also.

You need to set the hive.metastore.uris=thrift://<hostname>:<server_port>

Thanks
Vandana