From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Could not set up Hcatalog.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:43:31 GMT
Which version of HCatalog are you using?  Assuming you're using 0.4.0 (the latest release),
once you've started Hive's metastore service there's nothing more to start for HCatalog.
You Pig or MR jobs will need to have the directory that contains hive-site.xml in their path
so they can find the config file.

Alan.