From David Capwell <dcapw...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing data with different types
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:26:42 GMT
I am testing MR with all the different data types that hcat supports and
had a few questions:

1) If I put my schema as binary and try to write new byte[0] to the hcat
record, I will get an exception saying "java.lang.ClassCastException: [B
cannot be cast to org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.ByteArrayRef".  Should
this be the class used for hcatrecord while writing binary?
2) If my schema has a struct in it, what should I write to the hcat record?
 What class should I use?

Thanks for your time reading this email.