From "monnand@gmail.com" <monn...@gmail.com>
Subject How to import data
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:52:09 GMT
Dear all,

I have just setup HCatalog on my machine and trying to import some
simple dataset to it. Here is how I import the data:

The data on HDFS:
$ hadoop dfs -cat /usr/hduser/simple/tab1
1	1
2	3

NOTE: They are tab separated.

import the data (and got an error):
$ hcat -e "import from 'hdfs://127.0.0.1:54310/usr/hduser/simple/tab1'"
Hive history file=/tmp/hduser/hive_job_log_hduser_201203140648_814739413.txt
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Exception while processing

 From the error, it seems that there is something wrong with my import
statement. I also tried other possible solutions (create a table and
then import, etc.). But none of them works. So what is the exact meaning
of this error and how can I (correctly) import the data? (I did read the
documents on line. But it doesn't help.)

Regards,
-Monnand